Friday, September 11, 2015

Colorburst Beauty

Hello, it is Shirley here today. I am going to share with you a card I made using Color Bursts. This is my first time using it and I really like it.


I began my card with a white card stock card base. Next I took a piece of water color paper and misted it with water.  I opened my bottle of Ken Oliver Ultramarine Blue Color Burst. I sprinkled the powder over my card until I got the results that I desired. The color is much prettier than the photograph, it is more of a turquoise in real life.

I used the Sweet 'n  Sassy Flowers in Bloom stamp set to stamp in the center of my blue water color paper, using Versamark. I used White Detail embossing powder to emboss my flowers. The image was cut out using the Spellbinders Classic Scalloped Ovals Large dies. I cut a white oval to layer it with. I think ovals are my favorite shape to use, because I have used these dies more than any of the others in my collection. I adhered the image to the other oval, and attached them to the Ultramarine Blue water color paper.

Now comes the fun time of card making and that is to choose some bling to decorate with. I used some Chevron Rhinestone corners. The Beautiful Bling Borders - Chevron  could be cut apart and used for corners, as well. I used three Silver Rhinestones to put around the bottom of the embossed image.

Thank you, for visiting the blog today!


Join the Classy Cards newsletter list in the upper left column of this blog and receive exclusive weekly deals not available elsewhere! A one-time 20% discount on an order of your choice! Subsequent orders receive a 10% discount. Don't miss out, join today!

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...



Pin It

3 comments:

irishgreensue said...

Glad to see the wonderful results you are getting with the color bursts - this is probably going to be my favorite, as I love the way the blue came out for your awesome background. Embossing the flowers and butterfly with the white, and adding the gems in the corners really kicked this up a couple more notches - beautiful card, Shirley!!

Taunya Butler said...

Stunning and so beautifully done!!!

Kathy Bradley said...

Gorgeous and elegant card. I love that shade of blue and the white embossed flowers are lovely.